What You’ll Need
- Aeropress filter papers
- Aeropress stirrers
- 15g Medium Ground Coffee
- 225ml Water
How to Brew
- Get a coffee filter paper. Put it in the screw-on cap and rinse with hot water. This removes the paper taste. Screw the cap onto the Aeropress chamber and place it face down onto your mug.
- Place your mug on the scale. Zero the scales and put 15g of ground coffee into the aeropress chamber. Zero your scales again.
- Start the timer.
- Pour 225ml of boiled water into the Aeropress within 15 seconds and stir, making sure all the grounds are wet.
- Create an air vacuum by gently placing the plunger into the chamber. This will stop too much coffee from filtering through prematurely.
- At 1 minute, remove the plunger and gently stir the coffee to break the crust. Replace the plunger.
- At 1 minute 10 seconds, press down on the plunger. Use just your body weight. Stop pressing when you hear hissing. This should be done by 2 minutes.