- 1/2 cup coffee beans
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 or 2 whole cloves
- Seeds from 3 or 4 cardamom pods
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated)
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients into a coffee grinder and process. The spiced coffee is best used immediately. If you don’t need all of it, store the spiced ground coffee in a light-proof, airtight container.
- Use the spiced ground coffee, one to two tablespoons per serving, to brew spiced coffee or espresso. (Note: The ground spices may clog the filter basket in electric espresso makers, so other brewing methods are preferred.)
- Serve the spiced coffee black, or with sugar and hot milk as desired.