- ½ cup of double cream
- ¼ cup of coffee beans
- 2g cardamom pods, ground
- 2 star anise
- ½ lt of water
- 1/3 cup of powdered sugar
- ½ cup of Kahlúa
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of sweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Chill whipping cream, and the bowl and wire attachment of your mixer.
- In the meantime, mix coffee beans, cardamom, star anise and 1/2 lt of water in a pot. Simmer over very low heat until the liquid has reduced to half.
- Whisk the cream with the wire attachment at medium-high speed until it forms soft peaks (1 1/2 minutes). Add sugar and whisk until it forms firm peaks (2-3 mins)
- Sieve coffee to eliminate solids. Mix with the Kahlúa and brown sugar, and split equally into 6 cups. Top with a swirl of cream, and sprinkle with cocoa and cinnamon.